August 18, 2014

Six, Five, Four

I'm sorry that this is a little late, but I have a lot to do before I leave. I'm still planning on blogging for the next few days, but I don't want to make any promises. If this is the last post that I make in the US, then I guess I'll see you on the other side! 

Six Days to Go...

It's almost midnight, and I'm sitting out front of Lincoln Financial Field. Today has definitely been an interesting and long day. I spent most of the day cleaning and packing, but then I had to leave for my One Direction (go ahead and judge me) concert. The traffic on the way to the concert was crazy, but we made it! We also ran into the same storm three times and ended up getting rained on (there's no covering on the field...everyone on the floor got soaked) right after 5 Seconds of Summer's set. I guess wearing denim isn't always the best idea... Despite the fact that I was wet for the rest of the concert, I had an amazing time, and I think it was the perfect concert to end my summer in the US! In fact, I think it was BETTER THAN WORDS MORE THAN A FEELING and I DON'T HOW ELSE TO SUM IT UP...'CAUSE WORDS AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH (If you're confused, see this post's song :P)

The background is just the beginning of my very messy room.
It seems as if trying to clean, pack, and take things out of
 my room is pretty hard to do at the same time...

Going back to earlier, I guess I should mention this. While I was in the car on the way to the concert, I decided to check my email and saw that AFS now has my visa! I'm so glad that everything worked out for it, and it's crazy to think that I'll be leaving the country in just one week. Other than my visa, there isn't too much exchange stuff to talk about, so I guess this is pretty much it!

Five Days to Go...

Okay, okay. I know I'm supposed to be blogging every day, but there's really not that much to talk about. I can probably sum up today in one sentence. However, I'll make it a little longer than that.

I spent a bunch of my time cleaning today, and I packed a little more. I didn't mention this before, but I weighed my checked suitcase yesterday. It only weighs 25.5 pounds so far! Anyway, my family and I also went to pick up my host brother earlier. Meeting him really made me wonder what it will be like when I meet my host family. I'm just days away from finding out! I'll actually be arriving in Indonesia in exactly one week, and I'll be meeting my family a few days later!

In terms of leaving behind everything I know, I thought I would be nervous, but I'm not. It's actually really weird. No matter how many times I remind myself that I'm leaving in a few days, I still feel like I have all the time in the world to be at home.

Four Days to Go...

My family threw a little surprise going away part for me! Thinking back on it, I should have figured out what was going on way before it happened, but I've had way too many other things to think about. Surprises like that are always fun though. It was great to see some of my friends and family who I didn't think I would be seeing until I get back!

I'm sorry this part of the post is so short. I'm a day behind with writing and super tired!

Selamat tinggal!

Indonesian Word of the Day: Makanan - Food

One Direction - Better Than Words

My sister and I may or may not have screamed this entire song at the concert....


No comments:

Post a Comment