July 9, 2014

No Worries

Warning: I jump around to different topics a lot in this blog post. I'm sorry if it's a little confusing, but that's just how my brain works sometimes. I'm also sorry for any grammatical errors in any of my posts. I don't usually look over writing before posting it (that would make me want to rewrite the whole thing...), so the mistakes are pretty much inevitable.

Even though I am leaving for Indonesia next month and have a ton of things to do before then, I honestly am not too worried about anything (yet). I finally have all of my SAT subject test, ACT, and AP scores back, so at least I don't have those hanging over my head. I somehow did better than, worse than, and the same as I was expecting. With that being said, I definitely wish that I would have been able to focus on each test a lot more. I guess there is nothing I can do now though. I'm just happy to be done! Once I finish up my classes at the end of this month, I'm going to try my best to get my college applications done. I've only started one so far, so it's probably going to be really hard to get all of them done before I leave. I'll just have to wait and see what happens! 

As for exchange, some of the exchange students from other countries have started to find out their host schools in Indonesia. Hopefully I'll find out about mine soon! I finally got all of my shots a few weeks ago, so that's one less thing to do! I also got malaria pills and pills for diarrhea (how lovely). On a far less disgusting note, I know I promised to do vlogs once school finished, so I should probably get on that. I actually filmed a video in April, but I never posted it because YouTube was being weird. I shouldn't be making excuses though. In the words of my little brother: Excuses, excuses, excuses...they all stink! Anyway, I'll try to have a video up within the next two weeks. 

Also, congratulations to the girls in the Philippines and India for making it to their homes for the year. I hope that you are all having an amazing time so far! Shout-out to the  Malaysia group as well because they are leaving next week. Safe travels! Before I know it, I'll be heading off to New York for my gateway orientation!

As I said before, I'm really looking forward to finding out about my host family. I think that will make this whole thing seem a little bit more real. PLUS, I'll actually be able to tell people where I'm going when they ask. Considering the fact that the only thing many people know about Indonesia is Bali (if they even realize that it's part of Indonesia...), telling them that I'll be living on Java doesn't really mean much. Maybe I'll know where I will be living by the time I post again! 

I should probably go do some calculus now...

Selamat tinggal! 

McFly - No Worries
How could you not love them?!


P.S. Indonesia's presidential election was today. The quick count says that Jokowi won, but nothing will be official until the KPU announces the official count later this month! I'll probably make an actual post once the winner is officially announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment