July 25, 2014

A Host Family, Less Than One Month, and I Still Haven't Vlogged!

Less than one month. That's how long I have left at home. In about one month I will be on a plane to New York for my gateway orientation. I get on another plane the very next day, but this time I'll be headed for Tokyo. After that, I finally get on my flight to Jakarta! Even though I still have a month to go, I'm beyond excited to get this next year started. Until then, I'll be finishing up my last few days of school, starting (and hopefully finishing) some college applications, and deciding what to pack for the next year.

Now for the first thing that the title says this post is about. I am so excited right now. AFS emailed me about my host family yesterday, and it looks like I'll be living in Bandung! My host family is made up of a mom, a dad, 2 brothers, and 2 sisters. My youngest host brother is actually the same age as my little brother, so that's pretty cool. Knowing who my host family is and where I will be living makes everything seem so much more real, but this whole thing still seems somewhat surreal. I sent an email to my host mom, so I'm pretty excited to hear back from her!

Here are a couple pictures of Bandung:

Mount Tangkuban Perahu (north of Bandung)

Pretty cool looking city, right?

(Shouout to Wikipedia for some pretty awesome Creative Commons pictures!)


Indonesian Word of the Day: Bahagia - Happy

I like to refer to this as the "CSI music video." With that said, if you're grossed out by the idea of (fake) blood and the deceased, then you may not want to watch the first video below. It's a great song though!

Bastille - Of the Night
I can't even tell you how much I love this mashup!



And because I'm indecisive, I'm going to post the live version too. It's sooooo good!


P.S. I just realized that the Indonesian word of the day and the video for this post's song don't really seem go together...

No comments:

Post a Comment