July 9, 2014

Dates!

Two posts in one day! Crazy, right? This will just be a quick (and very short) update because I actually have a bit more information. Just in case you're wondering, it's not a host family...yet. I did just get my flight information though, so now I know when I'm leaving! I have to be in NYC for my gateway orientation on August 20th. That's exactly six weeks from today! I leave for Jakarta on the 21st and get there on the 22nd. For the sake of routine, I almost want to still volunteer at the hospital on the my last Monday here, but I don't think that would do anyone any good. I'm sure that I'll be freaking out, so pushing people in wheelchairs and carrying specimens probably isn't the best idea...Who am I kidding. I'll probably still be packing anyway! As much as I like the idea of having everything packed early, I know that it never happens. For instance, I'm leaving in the morning to go visit some colleges for the weekend, but I haven't packed anything yet. I think that's my cue to go pack and to make a mental reminder that I should have my bags packed way ahead of time for Indonesia. 

Until next time,

Victoria

P.S. I hope you don't think this post is over yet. I still have to tell you the Indonesian word of the day and give you a song to listen to! Here they are:

Indonesian word of the day: Samudra - Ocean


5 Seconds of Summer - Voodoo Doll
This song has randomly been stuck in my head for the past 2 days...
(Just in case you can't tell, I really like acoustic and live music!)

No comments:

Post a Comment