April 3, 2014

Just Some Thoughts

As always, I have been thinking a lot. As I write this, I am lying on my bed and thinking. Tomorrow begins the last 45 days of my American high school career. I've brought it up quite a few times since finding out about my CBYX finalist status, but now I feel a little bit bad about it because my parents also keep bringing up the fact that I will not have a real graduation. I mean, I will be graduating in the same year that I am supposed to, but I will likely not be back in the U.S. in time to take part in the graduation ceremony. I completely understand where they are coming from though. I have worked so hard for all of these years, and I won't even have a graduation at which I can give my speech. At the same time, I am extremely excited for whatever lies ahead as a embark on a solo journey on the other side of an ocean or two. I know that I made the decision to study abroad for a reason, but the gravity of the decision is really hitting me right now. If I had not chosen to take a scholarship to study abroad for my senior year, I know that my mind would be filled with just as many "what ifs" as it is now. As hard as it is to stop thinking about those what ifs, I am trying my best. I know that God has a plan for my life, and I know that He is leading me to things greater than I could ever imagine.

I guess what I am trying to get at in this post is that I think I am feeling the way that one feels at the end of high school. The following song always makes me think of that. I always thought that I would listen to this on the last day of my senior year, but it looks like I'll be doing that a year early.

I know it's old, but take a listen! 

I'm sorry that this post has been a little bit sobbish (that's obviously a word now :P ), but I just want to make sure that I'm real on this blog. Exchange is definitely not all fun and games, though there's plenty of that! I'm sure that other exchange students have felt this way, and I just want future exchange students to know that it's okay. Yes, if you're studying abroad for your senior year of high school, you may not be there for prom, senior skip day, and graduation. However, you will have an entire YEAR of amazing experiences to learn from and enjoy. I just hope that someone will find this post helpful in the future. I should probably go to bed now..I'll write again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment