August 20, 2015

Life Goes On

As far away as it seemed just a few short months ago, my exchange is over, and I've moved on to college. The next batch of YES Abroad Indonesia kids have started their long but exciting journey to one of the most beautiful and amazing places in the world. I wish them all the best and hope that they take this year in stride and accept every incredible opportunity that will be offered to them this year. It won't always be easy, but it will definitely be worth it.

Even though I haven't started classes yet and just moved in yesterday, I can already tell that I'm in the perfect place for me, just like Indonesia was the perfect place for me to spend my senior year. Although it was sometimes hard to see it while it was happening, every experience that I had during my exchange year, good or bad, has changed me for the better. I can now see that I am a much more outgoing and adventurous person than I was just one short year ago. I'm not afraid of getting out there and doing my own thing, and I've now been offered the amazing opportunity to study at one of the best universities in the world. I really couldn't ask for a more beautiful, diverse place to spend the next four years of my life. I know this is only the beginning, but I truly believe that I would have a much harder time thriving here if I had not pushed myself out of my comfort zone to live on the other side of the world for a year.

If anyone is thinking about studying abroad in high school, I just have one thing to say: go for it! Yes, it will be hard at times, but it's a great learning experience that will only continue to help you in life. If you have any questions about studying abroad, please feel free to contact me. I'll happily answer any of your questions to the best of my ability. I should probably get going, but I promise to write again soon.

Sampai jumpa lagi!

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment