November 2, 2014

Two Months??

I wrote this last week when it was actually two months, so sorry that I'm not posting it until now!

How has it already been two months since it was my first day here? I honestly can't believe it. As I said to one of my fellow exchange students the other day, it seems like we were talking about it being one month just yesterday. Time really does fly...it's kinda crazy! That same friend of mine and I also talked about the fact that we can't imagine how it will feel to leave. Even though our exchange is nowhere near being over, we can only imagine how hard it would be to leave right this minute. Add on another few months, and I'm sure that feeling will increase tenfold.

In other news, I found out that I got accepted to a college today (aka last week Thursday..)! It's probably not the school that I will end up attending, but it's great to know that someone was crazy enough to accept me. Plus it's the first notification that I have received..good or bad! It honestly does feel like finding out about studying abroad all over again. I still have a few more applications to finish, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere. Yay for progress! It is weird to be thinking about the next chapter of my life when this one is really just getting started though. I will admit that it is a little hard to balance enjoying the present and worrying about the ever nearing future, but I'm figuring it out!

Sorry for the rather randomly written post, but here's a little story that shows one of the biggest differences that I have found between Indonesia and the United States. So today (aka last week Thursday again) I was at school and only had about two hours of class. There are seven hours of school! Just in case you didn't know, substitute teachers don't exactly exist in Indonesia. That means that if a teacher is not there or has something else school related to do, then the class is given more free time. That's so unlike American school! In the US, students aren't usually left in classrooms without a teacher, and we would NEVER have five hours of free time during the school day.

I think my next post will be one about another difference between the US and Indonesia!

Until next time,

Victoria

Indonesian Word of the Day: Semoga - Hopefully

Ryan Keen - Reflections in the Water

No comments:

Post a Comment