June 12, 2014

A Triple Life

Sometimes I feel like I live a triple life. For most of the day, I am a student, but even that's weird now. Even though I just finished up my junior year, I am stuck somewhere between my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. The college courses I'm taking now probably won't end up counting for credit at my actual college, but I'm still taking more college classes than high school classes at the moment. I'm sorry if that got slightly confusing (it probably did...), and that's only the student side of me!

The second "life" that I live is the one in which I am the co-founder of a nonprofit. By the way, we just got our papers saying that Think Before You Type is officially a 501(c)(3) organization! Anyway, I know that receiving requests to speak at events, writing blog posts for other websites, and interviewing people on other continents may not be what the average 16 year old does. However, it's what I do, and I've grown to love it.

The third and final life that I live is the one that is typically shown on this blog. I'm preparing to live the life of an exchange student. I haven't left the United States yet, but I feel like I'm already learning a lot, especially when it comes to how American culture affects my life. It's not something that I usually think about, but YES Abroad has gotten me to think about it since day one.

I know that this isn't my typical type of post, and I may have written this at 5am (I'm not even joking..I woke up at 4, so I'm clearly an insomniac). I just wanted to write some thing a little bit different, but I promise that my next post will be about studying abroad.

Please give this song a listen. It's one of my favorites! I'm going to see them (American Authors), OneRepublic, and the Script the day after PDO ends. I'm pretty excited! 

P.S. I just realized that it's been exactly 2 months since I found out that I got the YES Abroad scholarship to study in Indonesia. Time seriously flies, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment