January 24, 2016

Hello 2016

I got to wear a kimono and learn some traditional dances!
Halo semuanya. Selamat tahun baru! I apologize for not writing for quite a while. I had a crazy end to 2015 and an even crazier start to 2016.

To quickly sum up 2015, I successfully completed my first semester of college (ah it went by so fast!), traveled to Japan as a part of the Kakehashi Project, and got to spend Christmas with my family! Here are some pictures from Japan:

Selamat datang di Jepang!

Beautiful Kuji 



As for 2016, I'm already really excited for this year. My second semester is going well so far, and I'm really excited about all of the courses I'm taking (I finally get to take my first neuroscience class)! I actually just had two long weekends in a row because of MLK Day and then snow that came on Friday, so I definitely can't complain! I actually started off the year by speaking at some schools in South Carolina for Think Before You Type, and it was really amazing to see how engaged the students were during our presentations. I also recently found out/decided to go to Bolivia for an internship this summer. (It's kinda a long story though, but the short version is that I was in between going back to Indonesia for an internship and doing one in Bolvia. I ended up choosing Bolivia because I felt more connected to the work that I will be doing there, and plus it never hurts to improve another language!)

I can honestly say that I'm enjoying this semester 495089383 times better than the last one though because it's just so much more fun when I already know people and am more settled in. Even though I said the same thing last semester, I feel even more strongly about the fact that this is the perfect place for me to spend the next few years of my life. There are so many amazing people to meet, really interesting things to learn, and so many incredible opportunities. Here's to many more great days ahead!

Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Omg.. i just found your blog and i think it's really inspire me!

    ReplyDelete